A wet weather wedding would seem synonymous with Melbourne’s unpredictable weather. Especially in late spring, early summer!
Many people have speculated whether Aussie band, Crowded House, used Melbourne as the inspiration for their song, “Four Seasons In One Day”. And after a day like today, I’m convinced that they did.
Amalia and Justin’s Melbourne wedding literally had four seasons in one day. We had rain, sun and cloud cover. Fortunately for us we managed to avoid the wet weather when it mattered most. Including the outdoor ceremony, family portraits and creative session.
Amalia (American) and Justin (Aussie) live in the U.S. They had a formal wedding there before heading to Justin’s hometown to celebrate again in front of his friends and family. Their wedding took place at The Willows in St Kilda.
Highlights of the day include….
- a creative session amongst the Victorian houses of South Yarra Melbourne
- the all important Victoria Bitter (beer) sign for Justin ; )
- the couple creative session in a nearby carpark
- Justin serenading Amalia before their first dance
- And the subsequent dancing from the guests
….Just to name a few.
Here’s how I saw their day, ENJOY!