Urban Melbourne wedding photography – As featured on NOUBA.
Jodi perfectly describes their day ”Inspiration was trying to avoid anything overly traditional. No theme, but lots of doilies.”
Their Melbourne winter wedding was on one of those infamous “four seasons in one day”. Fortunately for us it totally worked in our favour and added to the eclectic energy of the day and their urban Melbourne wedding photography feel.
An intimate ceremony at the registry office (at the “Paris” end of Collins St) kicked off proceedings which covered the best of both worlds (high end vs hipster). It was followed by a little detour through the urban streets of Melbourne’s inner city, before the party kicked off in the thick of Brunswick St at the Provincial Hotel.
Some words about me….
“I don’t know what to say about Lauren, “She’s the best photographer in Melbourne”- just isn’t good enough a complement for her. She understood what we wanted and literally everyone who has seen the photos just gush about how good they are. Lauren, as well as making our vision for the photos even better than we could have asked for, also wasn’t bothered by standing out in the rain or catching a tram with us to the venue. Every meeting we had with her, was just like catching up with one of our mates”.
This is how I saw their day…. ENJOY!!!
Love this wedding? Check out The Becs, New York wedding
- Hair – Helen at http://ziyadsalon.com.au/ hair salon in Northcote did colour and cut. Rose styled Jodi’s hair on the day.
- All Jack London provided Mitch’s suit and accessories.
- Makeup – Peta Hasler. A self taught freelance makeup artist.
- Flowers – Jodi made her own bouquet from baby’s breath and purple kale with black lace and black ribbon tied at top.
- Stationery/paper goods for the guest/advice/date night book and Photo Booth book were bought at Typo.
- Celebrant – Melbourne Registry Office.
- Transport – Jodi and Mitch walked to the ceremony from their hotel and caught a tram (#112) to the post ceremony venue.
- Music – Kimba, from Perfect Day Music, organised a 3 piece Jazz band (sax, bass, guitar) and DJ.(http://perfectdaymusic.com.au)
- Catering – The Provincial Hotel. (http://provincialhotel.com.au/)
- Cake – Jodi’s brother, Ryan (a baker) made cupcakes which were presented on a Jean and Ivy cake stand (https://www.facebook.com/jeanandivy)