This1000 Pound Bend Wedding – What-a-day!
They had originally booked at Boyd Baker House, unfortunately or… fortunately, they had to find another location less than 3 months before the big day. They found 1000 Pound Bend, this funky and versatile warehouse/cinema feel cafe in the heart of Melbourne. They decked it out with gorgeous floral arrangements and the best part… a whiskey bar… I mean, friends and family
“We love Melbourne and wanted a laneway and slightly gritty urban feel that captures many of the great times that we’ve shared with our friends and family as a couple. With a large portion of South Australian & Sydney friends making the trip down and across, we also wanted to make the meal and that drinks that went with it a memorable part of the day. This worked so well, we received many hung-over texts of thanks the day after.”
“Re-living the day through Lauren’s photos all the feelings of nervous anticipation, emotion and just the thrill and the fun of the day come flooding back to us both. She really captured the venue, style and feel of the day in a way you’d normally associate with moving image, not photos! She was heaps of fun to work with and provided a creative direction before, during and after the big day that we really felt captured who we are as a couple. The photos were so damn good the only downside of the whole experience was trying to narrow down our selection for an album!”
This is how I saw their day… ENJOY!
- Bridal gown: Rachel Gilbert – www.rachelgilbert.com
- Shoes: Alexander Wang – www.alexanderwang.com
- Flowers: Pomp and Splendour www.pompandsplendour.com.au
- Rings: Keshett – www.keshett.com.au
- Jewellery/Accessories: Samantha Wills earrings www.samanthawills.com & amp; my great grandmothers engagement ring.
- Bridesmaids dresses: no ‘official’ bridal party
- Grooms suit: P Johnson Tailors – www.pjohnson.com.au
- Grooms Shoes: Crockett & Jones from Double Monk – www.doublemonk.tumblr.com
- Groomsmen suits: no ‘official’ bridal party
- Bow ties / ties: P Johnson
- Ceremony: 1000 Pound Bend
- Reception: 1000 Pound Bend www.thousandpoundbend.com.au
- Catering: Blake’s Feast – www.blakesfeast.com.au/
- Cake: none, Blake’s Feast created an amazing cheese table instead and we added macarons from La Belle Miette and backlava from Hellas Cakes for those with a sweet tooths.
- Reception stylist / any decorations / details: We managed this ourselves – our amazing, talented friend Lucy helped pull everything together and did the styling on the day. She also made a ridiculous amount of bunting and garlands.
- Stationery designer: Ink Hearts Paper – www.inkheartspaper.com.au/
- Hair and Make up: Angie at Boda Haircutters www.bodahaircutters.com.au and Emma from Emma Jane Make-up @emmajanemakeup
- Music: Band – Mustered Courage www.musteredcourage.com & amp; DJ- Luke Pokock (aka LA Pokock) www.soundcloud.com/lapocock
- Celebrant: Jon Von Goes www.jvgcelebrant.com/
- Transport: Private hire car
- Any vendors we have forgotten? Festoon lighting: Technical Events, Prop Hire: My Sweet Event Hire (blackboards, wooden boxes, vintage suitcases etc) Dan Event Hire (red carpet, synthetic grass).