A Brighton beach wedding wouldn’t be complete without sun, sand and the Melbourne skyline watching in the background….
There’s always something special about shooting a mate’s wedding. I’ve known Luke since we were 16 years old. And even though we don’t see each other often I felt very humbled when he asked me to document his special day. An added bonus knowing my brother would be in the bridal party.
Before I’d arrived Luke and Monin had a traditional Cambodian ceremony. It was very cool starting my day by capturing Monin change from her stunning Cambodian wedding dress into her beautiful western style wedding dress.
Luke proposed to Monin at the Malvern Gardens so it made the PERFECT location for their first look/reveal (and we’re talking the EXACT same spot….awesome!)
They chose the Brighton Savoy for the ceremony because it was close to the beach they loved. In fact all the locations for the creative shoots held special meaning and fond memories.
Highlights to look out for….
- Monin’s wedding dress transformation
- The adorable REVEAL
- The Melbourne skyline during a fun, creative bridal party shoot
- The questionable signs held by the page boys
- The emotional wedding ceremony (I am a sucker for tears)
- A gorgeous dusk shoot by the beach
- The traditional Cambodian dancers during the reception
- A denied High-5 on the dance floor
- Luke serenading Monin….unplanned, I must add
During his speech Luke mentioned how he loved the blending of the two families and their different cultures. If only everyone held this sweet sentiment the world would be a better place.
This is how I saw their day….ENJOY!